Hey you silly little Tokyo traveler, why have you walked around this same block five times? Are you lost? Are you looking for something? Are you bored?
You don’t need to be any of those things. Just get yourself a travel guide! Seriously.
If you are going to spend the bucks to fly to Japan (or the yen to ride the shinkansen), you shouldn’t worry about plopping down a few more on a guide so that you don’t end up roaming aimlessly around Shinjuku looking for something to do… or even worse, end up in the hell hole that is Roppongi (at night anyway).
I’m not saying you are dumb for coming all this way with no plan. I’m not saying that only an idiot would try and ride the subway system without a map or knowledge of its maze-like properties. But I should say these things. I should say them because it is foolish. And I pity fools!
Tokyo Travel Guide – mTrip [ $4.99 App Store ]
An intelligent travel guide with an extensive directory of places to visit, customizable & automated trip itineraries, off-line maps & navigation, augmented reality, and trip sharing.
- Travel guide directory jam-packed with hundreds of attractions, museums, landmarks, restaurants, bars, hotels and shopping destinations with traveler ratings & reviews.
- Exclusive – customizable trip itineraries are generated according to your travel interests, location, trip dates and more!.
- Offline map & location-based navigation by foot or subway.
- Augmented reality displays your environment and all the places to visit in real-time..
- Share postcards via facebook & email.
- 100% offline (except for updates and sharing).
- Content is updated daily for free.
[ iTunes $4.99 Tokyo Travel Guide – mTrip ]